Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chapter 2

     I went to school to start my first day of first grade! Jem offered to show me around, but he said we couldn't play together when we were at school. My teachers name is Miss Caroline Fischer and she is from North Alabama. Once Miss Caroline realized I was literate, she told me to have Atticus stop teaching me because he doesn't know how to teach. Atticus didn't really teach me though, reading is just something that comes to me. Overall, my first school day didn't go as planned.

 
     Today in school, I tried to explain to Miss Caroline why Walter Cunningham wouldn't take her quarter so he could get a lunch. She started to get angry with Walter because he refused to take the quarter, but he knew if he took it, he wouldn't be able to pay her back. As a result, I got in trouble and hit with a ruler on my palm. Most people don't know his story, but I do and I just wanted to help. Instead, Miss Caroline thought I was trying to be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment